3.26.2006

Scientology: The New Kabbalah

The boys and I ventured to the dollar store today to pick up a few items. I got some muffin tins, cleaning supplies, batteries, etc. You get the idea. So, Kyle comes up to me and asks me if I'm a brain cell. I'm not kidding. I gave him a weird look, after which, he produced a book from behind his back, Scientology: A New Slant on Life by L. Ron Hubbard. I'm so not kidding. In the dollar store. 1 freaking dollar. Talk about your dollar menu religions! There was absolutely no way we were passing this opportunity up. There are just too many entertaining aspects to buying and reading a book on Scientology written by its founder...besides it was only a dollar. As we pulled away from the store, I couldn't resist sneaking a peek into my new find. If you don't own this book, BUY IT NOW...again, I'm so not kidding. The introduction is amazing. I laughed. They laughed. We all laughed. There was one part that I found particularly amusing that talked about not understanding what you read because the words could be incorrectly defined. Alan asked, "if you have a definition, then don't you know what the word means?" I answered him, "No, not necessarily. What L. Ron is trying to define here is called The Basic Principle of Balderdash." I can not wait for chapter 10: Marriage...more updates to come. Again, not kidding.
SOUTHPARKOWNS!!!

1 Comments:

At 13:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scientology...or, well, scientologists...freaking weirdos. I mean, every religion has it's quirks, but alien souls roaming the earth? Sounds like great science fiction...not a bases for a system of belief. But then, what would I know. I haven't paid them enough money to have it all explained to me so that I can understand. Following my thorough brainwashing, of course.

Can't wait to see what other craziness will insue when we decide to brave the world outside of the house again.

Alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home