3.06.2006

It's Laugh Out Loud Funny!

Oh man! I'm so amused right now...it's crazy! Today I discovered the entertainment that is myspace. Ha! Let's back up for a minute...I've had a myspace account for about a year and a half or so (and NO I will not link you to it, dirty pervs!), but I never really used it. I had Kyle on there and then through a strange set of occurances, I found a couple of other friends of mine. So, I've been keeping in contact with them through myspace for the past few months. Today, however, I discovered something: myspace can be FUNNY...I mean really funny. I looked today for a specific person from my past because I was curious if I could find them and wanted to see what they were up to. Well, I found them and much, much more! On this particular person's page was one of their "friends" who is also someone I knew from high school...go to this person's page and they have people that I went to high school with and so forth and so on. It got interesting...and quite entertaining! It was funny to see some of the people who used to torment me and know that they haven't changed and they are nothing but gigantic losers now, while I've actually done something with my life. I was amused by all the people that people in high school would say "they are gay" and I would say "no freaking way...not so" and actually, yes, they were...I was so innocent or something...lol. Then, Kyle showed me the best way to find people...type in your high school (or college) and TONS of people come up...that was by far, the most entertaining thing. Especially entertaining was when I (out of pure curiosity, of course 0:) looked up the school and year of graduation of a certain family member who has been a complete jerk to me lately...::cough:: ...yeah. I got the biggest kick out of it...LOLOLOL...I'm serious. I've been in the "myspace zone" for the last couple of hours...not that I'm ever going to get into looking up everyone I know and spending hours upon hours upon hours on myspace...it's just good to know that thanks to Kyle and myspace, I have a few more ridiculous blogs and profile pages to read when I'm completely board...and for this reason, myspace totally rocks, ya'll!

5 Comments:

At 11:54, Blogger BTExpress said...

I have a MySpace page too. I don't hide it like you do though, chicken ;-). It's a link on my blog page if you want to see it. That's how I met the woman I'm seeing. She saw my profile and asked me out. I haven't tried searching like you did, but it sounds like a great idea.

I was picked on in school too. The summer after graduation one of the big shots in school saw me working outside. I worked for the electric company. He was driving a delivery truck. He seemed all excited to see me. I didn't understand why, but I was thrilled to know my job was a lot better than his, so I know how you feel.

 
At 15:28, Blogger Daniele said...

I graduated a year early from high school because after the senior class when I was a sophmore was gone, I lost pretty much all of my friends. No one in my class really cared about me enough to give me the time of day, so I decided to just get out a year early since I had all the credits I needed and would only have to take a night school course in senior english to be able to walk. When people found out what I was doing, they actually called me stupid..."what are you doing?!"..."don't you know that senior year will be the best year of your life?!"..."you're stupid...you're leaving so much behind...why would you want to do that?"...yeah, IMAGINE that. I, however, got the last laugh when come the next fall, I was going to class and then going home or doing whatever I wanted while they were stuck in school for 6 hours. Hmm...why would I want to better myself by starting college as soon as possible...I can't even imagine why I would do something so dumb!

 
At 22:35, Blogger BTExpress said...

LOL, yeah, why do such a thing? I didn't even go my prom, so would have loved to been able to do what you did. If your life doesn't center around school, then why stay if you don't have to? No good reason at all as far as I can see. IMO, you did exactly the right thing. You graduated, didn't you? Besides, why did they care all of a sudden anyway?

 
At 10:06, Blogger Daniele said...

I know...I guess they were sad that they would have one less person to ignore. I did indeed graduate...with a fairly high gpa. When I went back for my transcript (to enroll in college), I was surprised at my class ranking...can't remember it now, but it was way higher than I expected. On the upside of it all is the fact that since it took me 5 years in college (thanks to all those Bio classes with labs that took up so much time I couldn't take anymore classes), I ended up graduating college the same as I would have if I had stayed in hs one more year and gone for a degree that didn't require all afternoons to be taken up with bio labs. Who's the dummy now? Over half of them aren't even in college, and the ones that are, most of them haven't graduated and are nowhere near graduating. Yeah, I was stupid...but damnit, at least I got my Bio degree!

 
At 16:50, Blogger BTExpress said...

Yes you did, and I can tell you are damn proud of it too. You should be! I finished so far down in my class, 5th from the bottom in a class of about 385. The school called my stepmother when I was in the 10th grade to ask her to pull me out of school as I just wasting everyone's time. Of course she said no, and I went on to graduate, by the skin of my teeth, but I did graduate. After I got out of the army, I worked and then went to college and got all A's until I got bored with it and went to technical school. I never got rich, but was happy and had a great career. I was in management as the Quality Assurance Manager in an electronic company when I retired recently at the ripe old age of 57. I would love to see the people that doubted me all those years and ask them when they are going to retire. LOL!

I say screw them all!


You know what? I think this is the first time we've ever talked this much in all the times we've visited each other's blogs. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home