9.04.2006

Crocodile Rock

The crocodile hunter has died...and I am so sad. Steve Irwin was a huge inspiration to me. I loved watching his show and learning about the animals...even more, I liked watching him interact with the animals. To most people, he was this Australian looney who grabbed snakes and wrestled crocs. He was so much more than that. Above all, he was a naturalist...something the world needs more of. He was a lover of all animals, as well as a protector of all animals. What most people don't get about him is that he was a huge conservationist. I admired him so much for this. He dedicated his life to helping animals, and along with that, he dedicated his life to teaching the world about animals and how to interact with them, rehabilitate them, and how to treat them. He was a wonderful man who did more good on earth than most of us can boast. There are tears in my eyes as I sit here and write this...he was so young...had two young children and a young wife...and he had so much more to give us. For the world of Science, this truly is a tragedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home