7.02.2006

Greetings From The Mile High City!

Aaaggghhh! I'm in freakin downtown Denver, CO! Our suite is AMAZING...sooooooo pretty and nice and big and totally awesome. And, I thought that our suite in SD was awesome...we're living the nice life or something. Anyway, I would have updated from the Black Hills, but the freaking internet didn't work...my stupid cell phone didn't even work...the parents were very worried about us. We went to MOA on Thursday...was really cool...some cool stores...I got some cool things...saw a HUGE statue of Jolly Green Giant...MN was so pretty...I loved it! We went to Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse and junk yesterday. Here's some advice for you guys if you ever decide to travel to South Dakota: do NOT stay in Rapid City...it SUCKS...it BLOWS...etc. There is nothing there and it's all dumpy and icky. I'm so glad our hotel was not in RC. Also, do NOT go see Crazy Horse...you can see it from the highway, and that's just fine...the damn statue isn't even finished and they charge you 25 dollars a carload just to go to this dumb museum of Native American artifacts (*note, the artifacts aren't dumb but I can see that stuff anytime anyway) but that sucks that you pay 25 dollars and don't even get to go up to the thing...oh yeah, you CAN go up to it if you pay 4 dollars a person for the stupid bus ride up to it...I mean, I totally understand charging people, but the statue isn't anywhere near being finished...it's not much to see (if you've seen it on TV, you've seen it)...anyway like I said, I understand making people pay...it is an attraction, but 25 dollars a carload and you have to pay extra to get to the top (and no you can't drive or hike it yourself)...that's just anal rapeage. So after that, we went to Mt Rushmore...was AWESOME...you pay 8 dollars and that's it...8 dollars...get this...for a whole freaking year! You get a year long pass to it...can come back any time in the year and see it without paying again. And, there's no extra fees. Of course, you can't go all the way to the top, but still you get a wonderful view of it...the accomodations are awesome...and it's a reasonable price. I was very impressed...do see it. Also, the Black Hills and the Badlands are beautiful and amazing...they are so worth driving that far to see, and you can see them for free. We woke up today and drove to Denver...the drive was not as long as I expected...Wyoming has nothing that impresses me...Colorado is beautiful...Denver is freaking awesome and I would so live here (I would also live in Sioux Falls, SD because it owns.) Oh yeah, we went to the Corn Palace...so cool...loved it. So, now we're here...starved...tired...and somewhat ready to get back home (probably mostly so we don't spend more money!) Ohhh yeah! We went to this place called Reptile Gardens...it had all these snakes and birds (and yes, birds are thought to be related to reptiles) and lizards and turtles and stuff....it was a dream! Lots of pics...maybe I'll post some. Anyway, that's all from Denver...<3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home